Healthcare in the Comfort of Your Own Home
Best Choice is licensed by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and fully accredited by the Joint Commission. All our home health and personal care attendants go through rigorous background checks and specialized, professional training. We offer:
A wide range of health and personal care services in the comfort of your own home
Flexible service allows clients to have home health or personal care for as long as needed
24-hour live-in or live-out services are offered for clients needing a companion
Our staff members speak a variety of languages including English, Spanish, Haitian Creole and Russian
Patients can be paired with an attendant who is familiar with their culture or ethnic background
Aides are trained through our own program which is approved by the New York State Department of Health
Home Health Aides and personal care aides
If an injury, hospitalization or other medical condition requires home health care services, whether on an hourly, daily, short-term or long-term basis, Best Choice will match your health care requirements with the right home health or personal care aide to meet your needs. Our Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides:
Are fully certified, highly trained and trusted
Are thoroughly screened and insured
Are supervised by a registered nurse and service coordinator
Maintain a high level of safety and comfort for patients
Provide companionship to patients
Provide needed support to patients and their families
Prepare and serve meals according to the patient's dietary needs and assist them with feeding if needed
Assist patient with walking and with moving from bed to chair or wheelchair
Help with patient's personal grooming including care of hair, teeth, mouth and nails, and dressing
Assist with bathing
We train our home health and personal care aides through our own home health aide training program to ensure that our patients receive quality healthcare services
In addition, our Home Health Aides are trained to provide basic health related services, and monitor and assist with medications.
CONSUMER DIRECTED PERSONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (CDPAP)
The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) is a self-directed home care model available to qualified Medicaid recipients.
Eligibility for CDPAP home care is determined upon evaluation by your Medicaid provider. Their staff will conduct an assessment to determine the level of assistance with personal care and/or nursing services you are eligible to receive, and will assist you in deciding if the program is right for you.What are your responsibilities as a CDPAP participant, and how can Best Choice help?
- You or your designated representative must be able and willing to make informed choices related to personal care and/or nursing services that you receive at home.
- You or your designated representative must be willing and able to interview, train, supervise and schedule your personal assistant. If you are 21 and older, your parent can be your personal assistant. However, this role cannot be filled by your spouse. Your personal assistant can live in the same household.
- The personal assistant you select and train must meet the same requirements for health tests, immunizations and examinations that apply to all home care services agency personnel.
- You must have alternate workers trained and available in the event that your primary personal assistant is on vacation, holiday or cannot report to work due to illness.
- This program gives you the flexibility to select the right worker for you. It also means that you (or your designated representative) are responsible for your care if the arrangement with the personal assistant does not work out.
- You will work with Best Choice Home Health Care, which, on your behalf, will administer payroll and tax withholdings required by State and Federal law, Disability, Workers Compensation, Unemployment Insurance and more.
- You are responsible for making sure that care is actually delivered – tracking and verifying time worked and signing off on time sheets for payment. These are sent to Best Choice for validation and payment.
- You must notify your insurer and Best Choice of any change in your medical condition or social circumstances including any hospitalization, vacation, change of address or telephone number.
- Best Choice does not manage anything that would be related to your direct care. This remains solely your responsibility. We take care of the financial side, allowing you the freedom to direct care without being overburdened by paperwork.
If you have any questions, you may contact CDPAANYS at 1-518-813-9537. You may also find answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding the program by visiting www.cdpaanys.org.